As a Permitting Authority, our service includes assisting applicants with the Department of Ecology’s Agricultural Burn Permitting Program Application and issuing permits locally.

Burn Permit and Spot Burn Permit forms are available at the District Office or on the Department of Ecology Home website. Return or bring applications to Whitman Conservation Districts office at:

601 N. Main, Suite A, Colfax, WA 99111

For more information or questions call

Glenn Mitchell at:

District Office: (509) 228-4644

Cell Phone: (707) 761-1422

Dept of Ecology Burn Website

Field Burn Permit Application

Spot Burn Permit Application

***Remember to complete your POST-BURN REPORTING***

Requests for burn refunds must be received on or before the last day of the burn season (June 30 or December 31)